Monday, October 22, 2012

Grid Art

It took me a while to get inspired for this project, but after a few days of thinking, an idea finally emerged. I decided to make a grid out of a bunch of pictures of myself and others, or pictures I have taken throughout the years. I shrunk all the pictures dramatically and gave them a yellow, red, or blue tone. I originally planned to make a larger picture out of these photos but I just didn't feel that was personal enough. After our last class (learning about Dada as well as our next Xerox project) I was messing around with my scanner and got a nice scan of my hand. After a while this is what the result came to be...


I had a few extra pages from Ravenheart (the 81 cent book i used for my flip book) and decided to cut strips and weave them together, making yet another grid. My eyes and lips on my hand was just an impulsive idea, to give it a more personal feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment